- Graduate Support
- News & Events
- Support Us
Academy Prep of Lakeland offers a fifth through eighth grade middle school program designed to help children who qualify for need-based scholarships excel in their studies and develop the skills and confidence vital to compete and succeed as adults. Students are strongly encouraged to enter at the fifth grade level, thus ensuring that they have the full benefit of the program. Admittance in sixth grade is acceptable as well, though it is far more competitive to enter at this level.
To be eligible to attend this school, a student must:
- Qualify for the Federal Free or Reduced Price Meals Program.
- Show on an admission test at least the basic ability to succeed academically.
- Demonstrate the character to be a good citizen of the school and the of general community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to succeed through the summer session.
The Admissions Process:
- A student must pass (at least 60%) an Academy Prep admissions test covering grade level reading, vocabulary, spelling, and math. Register for the Admissions Exam
- A student must have a Step Up For Students(SUFS) scholarship award (there is no fee to apply). Families who qualify for the Federal Free or Reduced Price School Meals Program will also qualify for a SUFS scholarship. Prequalify for Step Up for Students Scholarship Award. Refer to SUFS guidelines by visiting www.sufs.org.
- Only students who pass the Academy Prep admissions test will be mailed a school application.
- Once a completed school application has been carefully reviewed, students with the strongest potential will be invited to attend Academy Prep’s three week summer session. Summer attendance (June 10 – June 28, 2019) is mandatory for all Academy Prep students. The summer session is an abbreviated version of the regular school session that combines academic study with indoor and outdoor recreation and educational activities. The summer session affords new families the opportunity to “try out” the school and to fully understand the school’s expectations for its students. Additionally, Academy Prep faculty and staff are looking to see that students show a desire to learn and to comport themselves in a manner that is respectful to their peers and their teachers.
- Students who excel academically and behaviorally during the summer will be invited to join the regular fall term that starts in August.
For more information, please contact Amanda Fleischbein by email at email@example.com or calling 863-940-8900.
What happens if my student passes the test?
1. You will be asked to apply for the Step Up for Students Scholarship at www.sufs.org.
2. You will complete an application packet provided by the Academy Prep office. (This includes a required teacher recommendation.)
3. After a full review of the application, you may then be invited to participate in our summer session.
4. You will schedule an interview with the Guidance Counselor.
5. Your student’s academic and social progress during the summer session will be assessed for final admission for the fall term.