- Home |
- Graduate Support
- News & Events
- Support Us
- Make a Donation
- Ways to Give
- Event Sponsorship
- Corporate Sponsors
- Financial Statements
Established in 1996, Academy Prep Foundation, Inc. serves several important functions:
- To ensure Academy Prep Centers stay true to the mission
- To replicate Academy Prep Centers
- To share best practices among Academy Prep Centers
- To serve as the funding source for Academy Prep Centers
- To ensure the efficient operation of Academy Prep Centers
The Academy Foundation, Inc. (now known as Academy Prep Foundation, Inc.), was established in 1996 as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, doing business as Academy Prep Center for Education.
In May 2000, four additional 501(c)(3) organizations were established to operate as affiliated entities of Academy Prep Foundation, Inc. These organizations are Academy Prep Center of St. Petersburg, Inc.; Academy Prep Center of Tampa, Inc.; and two others for future centers.
The Role of Academy Prep Foundation, Inc. (APF)
The Foundation is responsible for replicating Academy Prep Centers, overseeing Center operations and serving as a funding vehicle for the Centers. The Foundation is the custodian of all unrestricted and restricted funds for the benefit of the Centers and the Foundation. The Centers operate on an annual budget, and distributions are made from the Foundation to the Centers on a quarterly basis. Unrestricted contributions may be used to fund the operations of the Centers and the Foundation, and to replicate additional Centers.
The Role of the Centers
The Academy Prep Centers educate middle school students who qualify for need-based scholarships covering tuition. The model is based upon the success of the Nativity Mission Center, founded in 1970 in New York City. Academy Prep Centers have the responsibility of carrying out the Academy Prep model in accordance with the mission and vision established by Academy Prep Foundation, Inc. Individual Centers are responsible for raising funds within their communities.
Academy Prep Foundation Board of Trustees
- Chuck Stamey | Executive Vice President, Managing Director of Sales at Manning & Napier
- Tom Sansone | Former President, Jabil Circuit
- Oscar Horton | Owner, Sun State Intl.Trucks, LLC
- Jeff Fortune | Retired CEO
- Linda Marcelli | President, Lucky’s Real Tomatoes
- John Erik Savitsky | CEO, ClickAndBind
- Paul L. Whiting, Sr. | President, Seabreeze Holdings
Ensuring the Future
Each Academy Prep campus raises funds to ensure the long-term viability of each school. The “Board Designated Endowment” allows each school to focus more on the business of educating and supporting students in need and less on annual fundraising to pay for student scholarships.
To learn how you can help solidify the foundation of Academy Prep through the board designated endowment, contact:
Lacey Nash Miller
Director of Development
Academy Prep Center of St. Petersburg
Director of Development
Academy Prep Center of Tampa